One of our Global Partners in the Payments industry is hiring for a Technical Support Analyst to join their Global Data Center Engineering & Operations division. This person will work closely with Network Hardware Installation, Mechanical & Electrical Infrastructure, Capacity Planning and Governance team for planning, installing, relocating, and decommissioning of all physical hardware platforms – open compute, storage, mainframe, firewalls, network and associated cabling systems in compliance with TIA-942 standards. Must be ONSITE 5 days a week, in Ashburn, VA. Apply today to connect with our team for more details!
• 5+ years of experience working hands on with hardware network and cabling systems in a Data Center environment
• Experience with network hardware installation, troubleshooting and decommissioning
• Knowledge of any Ticketing System (BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, etc.)
• Knowledge of IP networks and network topologies and experience with fiber and copper cabling systems installation and troubleshooting
• Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Visio, SharePoint skills
• Knowledge of TIA-942 standards and BICSI best practices; must have working knowledge of CAT6a, Multi-Mode and Single Mode OM4 characteristics and limitation for data transmission and receive and insertion lost.
Nice to have:
• Basic experience with asset management and documenting data center equipment and peripherals within DCIM systems
• Basic technical and functional knowledge of data center and/or lab infrastructure to include electrical and mechanical systems, fire detection and protection systems, building management systems, equipment maintenance, space planning, construction of critical facilities environments.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field
• Providing day-to-day management of the data center with Mechanical & Electrical Support, Network Installation Support, Cabling Infrastructure Support and Asset Management Support.
• Provide 24/7-hour support for problem diagnosis of Mainframe, Open Systems and SAN Storage Hardware and Cabling Infrastructure.
• Work with the engineering and vendors to assess new technologies and their impact to the data center infrastructure from a space, power, cooling, and structured cabling perspective.
• Work with the installation planning team members to coordinate installation of hardware, network hardware and cabling systems.
• Support the Hardware Asset Management function by: tracking hardware assets throughout their lifecycle according to documented processes and procedures, supporting hardware projects and inventories, improving data quality, assisting in key analytical reporting, and serving the enterprise by managing the hardware asset requests.
We use E-Verify to confirm U.S. Employment eligibility.